Laser Periodontal Therapy (LANAP™)
Laser vs. Traditional Gum Disease Surgery
Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP™) is an amazing breakthrough in periodontal treatment. In appropriately selected cases, these benefits include:Featured on ABC News Los Angeles
- There is much less discomfort with LANAP™ LASER PERIODONTAL THERAPY than with standard surgical procedures - during and after the procedure. There is no cutting with scalpels or suturing.
- LANAP™ LASER PERIODONTAL THERAPY takes LESS TIME than traditional surgery. All it takes is two 2-hour visits to the office and two follow up visits. Traditional surgery requires four sessions of about one hour each, with subsequent visits for suture removal and additional check-ups.
- It gives better, longer-lasting results. In fact, 95% of treated patients remain stable after five years.
- Many patients find that they have less than a 24 HOUR RECOVERY period, so you won't lose time from work. Following traditional surgical procedures, recovery can take between to 2-4 weeks during which patients can experience pain and swelling and may require a liquid diet.
- Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP™) is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Coumadin or Cyclosporin.
New Patients from West Linn, OR Welcome!