Laser Gum Treatment with LANAP™Lake Oswego, OR
Effectively Treating Gum Disease with No Cutting or Suturing
LANAP™ is a gentle, conservative, non-invasive method of treating gum disease without cutting, suturing or removing healthy tissue. Using a precision laser, Dr. Hoidal, of Lake Oswego Periodontics, is able to kill up to 99% of the disease causing bacteria in the periodontal pockets. The laser specifically targets disease causing bacteria and because they have no defense, the bacteria can not adapt and avoid elimination as with anti-biotic treatment.
With laser periodontal therapy, there is no cutting or suturing. Compared with traditional methods of treating periodontal disease, this provides a fast, virtually pain free procedure that effectively treats periodontal disease.
Additionally, the precision of the laser allows Dr. Hoidal to avoid removing significant tissue. This allows for a faster recovery and minimal loss of tooth and bone structure after the procedure..
The Laser ProcedureLANAP Procedure
Because your resistance to disease is affected by many factors, we will begin your first visit with a review of your dental and medical histories. This is followed by a thorough periodontal examination of your mouth and discussion of findings and treatment options. You may find it helpful to bring your spouse or a friend with you to this appointment. In most cases, no treatment is performed at this appointment.
On your treatment appointment, a small laser fiber is inserted between the tooth and the gum and the bacterial infection is removed. It takes just one 3 to 4-hour session or it can be broken into two 1.5 to 2- hour sessions. Dr. Hoidal will treat the entire mouth at once or break it into two sections and do one side of the mouth at a time. Most patients feel fine returning to work the very next day.
Nearby Patients from Tigard, OR welcome!
- I felt confident that my care was being provided by the best possible team. My gum graft went well and so did my recuperation time.Pat in Portland, OR –
- Just went in for a consultation that was recommended by my dentist. What a responsible and ethical place of business. Thank you!Christie Bauer
- Everything is now sound and the new bridge is on its way.At all times, I was very pleased with his approach, thoroughness of his diagnosis and plan, and his manner.Dick Raub
- Great Rx for my issues. Office people helpful and pleasant. Office location gives nice ambience. Dr.Hoidal treated my issue with apparent cure for long...Peter Kiessling
- Dr. Hoidal did a great job coordinating with my orthodontist. When my braces were removed, I received a prosthetic tooth from my dentist.Robert Siebens
- All the staff and Dr. Hoidal are terrific! Friendly, professional care of the finest quality. Great experience!Tk Hyatt
- Professional, friendly and pain free!Denise Everhart
- Professional, friendly and pain free!Denise Everhart –
- They were friendly and professional with excellent care. They made a scary event so much better. Being born in the 40's dentist have not been my favorite people but you guys have changed my mind. Thank you.Diana Bergstrom
- I was also impressed with his staff, from the front desk, the scheduler, the dental assistants. They too know what to do and how to do.Eric Schmidt
- Thank you to Dr. Hoidal and his staff for being open during the "snow apocalypse"!!! After calling multiple offices for two days, trying to find one open to...Pam C.
- I felt confident that my care was being provided by the best possible team. My gum graft went well and so did my recuperation time.Pat
- We took our younger daughter in for a gum graph, and the whole team handled her with care and made us feel all at ease for a "scary procedure" for her. It...Whitney Bechtold
- Friendly and very professionalFred
- Great staff & calming views of the river too.Sylvia Hartmann
- Friendly reception, short waiting time, thorough exam and good explanation of processPaul Hathaway
- A great experience, even though it was gum surgery. A wonderful staff, terrific doctor and a beautiful view to boot!Tammy Lawrence