Laser Gum Treatment with LANAP™Lake Oswego, OR
Effectively Treating Gum Disease with No Cutting or Suturing
LANAP™ is a gentle, conservative, non-invasive method of treating gum disease without cutting, suturing or removing healthy tissue. Using a precision laser, Dr. Hoidal, of Lake Oswego Periodontics, is able to kill up to 99% of the disease causing bacteria in the periodontal pockets. The laser specifically targets disease causing bacteria and because they have no defense, the bacteria can not adapt and avoid elimination as with anti-biotic treatment.
With laser periodontal therapy, there is no cutting or suturing. Compared with traditional methods of treating periodontal disease, this provides a fast, virtually pain free procedure that effectively treats periodontal disease.
Additionally, the precision of the laser allows Dr. Hoidal to avoid removing significant tissue. This allows for a faster recovery and minimal loss of tooth and bone structure after the procedure..
The Laser ProcedureLANAP Procedure
Because your resistance to disease is affected by many factors, we will begin your first visit with a review of your dental and medical histories. This is followed by a thorough periodontal examination of your mouth and discussion of findings and treatment options. You may find it helpful to bring your spouse or a friend with you to this appointment. In most cases, no treatment is performed at this appointment.
On your treatment appointment, a small laser fiber is inserted between the tooth and the gum and the bacterial infection is removed. It takes just one 3 to 4-hour session or it can be broken into two 1.5 to 2- hour sessions. Dr. Hoidal will treat the entire mouth at once or break it into two sections and do one side of the mouth at a time. Most patients feel fine returning to work the very next day.
Nearby Patients from Tigard, OR welcome!
- I found everyone in Dr. Hoidal's office to be both friendly and professional. They explain things thoroughly and are all good listeners. Dr. Hoidal provided...Anonymous
- A very friendly office staff which makes patients comfortable the moment they enter the office. Dr. Holidal is very professional and keeps his patients appraised of all the procedures he is doing. I can highly recommend this clinic.Carl
- All the staff and Dr. Hoidal are terrific! Friendly, professional care of the finest quality. Great experience!Tk Hyatt
- Great staff & calming views of the river too.Sylvia Hartmann
- Everything is now sound and the new bridge is on its way.At all times, I was very pleased with his approach, thoroughness of his diagnosis and plan, and his manner.Dick Raub
- The entire staff were very friendly and Dr Hoidal was also just as nice. I...Katina A.
- We took our younger daughter in for a gum graph, and the whole team handled her with care and made us feel all at ease for a "scary procedure" for her. It...Whitney Bechtold
- They were friendly and professional with excellent care. They made a scary event so much better. Being born in the 40's dentist have not been my favorite people but you guys have changed my mind. Thank you.Diana Bergstrom
- Dr.Hoidal and staff are amazing. Great experience!Heather Hedstrom Kanning
- Dr Hoidal is the best! I highly recommend him.Donna Moore
- I was referred from Dr. Steven Darling to Dr. Matt Hoidal. Dr. Hoidal is pleasant to his patients. He will do the best he can for his patients as needed....Paula Rubio
- An absolutely fantastic environment, friendly staff, and amazing performance. Everything went smoothly and turned out great, would definitely recommend for...Stefanie Hinkaew
- Friendly and very professionalFred
- Friendly reception, short waiting time, thorough exam and good explanation of processPaul Hathaway
- A great experience, even though it was gum surgery. A wonderful staff, terrific doctor and a beautiful view to boot!Tammy Lawrence
- Initially I was quite scared about going to see this care provider who was recommended by my dentist. Dr. Hoidal, Jan, Heather and the entire staff could not...Pat
- I was also impressed with his staff, from the front desk, the scheduler, the dental assistants. They too know what to do and how to do.Eric Schmidt
- Thank you to Dr. Hoidal and his staff for being open during the "snow apocalypse"!!! After calling multiple offices for two days, trying to find one open to...Pam C.
- I was very nervous for my procedure but I was taken very good care of and I have the best results...Lisa N.
- I had a very positive experience here at dr Hoidal's office. Patient care is a premium. My procedure was a soft graft and I'm having excellent results. This...Dennis H.