Laser Gum Treatment with LANAP™Lake Oswego, OR
Effectively Treating Gum Disease with No Cutting or Suturing
LANAP™ is a gentle, conservative, non-invasive method of treating gum disease without cutting, suturing or removing healthy tissue. Using a precision laser, Dr. Hoidal, of Lake Oswego Periodontics, is able to kill up to 99% of the disease causing bacteria in the periodontal pockets. The laser specifically targets disease causing bacteria and because they have no defense, the bacteria can not adapt and avoid elimination as with anti-biotic treatment.
With laser periodontal therapy, there is no cutting or suturing. Compared with traditional methods of treating periodontal disease, this provides a fast, virtually pain free procedure that effectively treats periodontal disease.
Additionally, the precision of the laser allows Dr. Hoidal to avoid removing significant tissue. This allows for a faster recovery and minimal loss of tooth and bone structure after the procedure..
The Laser ProcedureLANAP Procedure
Because your resistance to disease is affected by many factors, we will begin your first visit with a review of your dental and medical histories. This is followed by a thorough periodontal examination of your mouth and discussion of findings and treatment options. You may find it helpful to bring your spouse or a friend with you to this appointment. In most cases, no treatment is performed at this appointment.
On your treatment appointment, a small laser fiber is inserted between the tooth and the gum and the bacterial infection is removed. It takes just one 3 to 4-hour session or it can be broken into two 1.5 to 2- hour sessions. Dr. Hoidal will treat the entire mouth at once or break it into two sections and do one side of the mouth at a time. Most patients feel fine returning to work the very next day.
Nearby Patients from Tigard, OR welcome!
- Just went in for a consultation that was recommended by my dentist. What a responsible and ethical place of business. Thank you!Christie Bauer
- Friendly and very professionalFred
- An absolutely fantastic environment, friendly staff, and amazing performance. Everything went smoothly and turned out great, would definitely recommend for...Stefanie Hinkaew
- Great staff & calming views of the river too.Sylvia Hartmann
- I felt confident that my care was being provided by the best possible team. My gum graft went well and so did my recuperation time.Pat in Portland, OR
- A great experience, even though it was gum surgery. A wonderful staff, terrific doctor and a beautiful view to boot!Tammy Lawrence
- Everything is now sound and the new bridge is on its way.At all times, I was very pleased with his approach, thoroughness of his diagnosis and plan, and his manner.Dick Raub
- Great Rx for my issues. Office people helpful and pleasant. Office location gives nice ambience.Peter Kiessling
- Thank you to Dr. Hoidal and his staff for being open during the "snow apocalypse"!!! After calling multiple offices for two days, trying to find one open to...Pam C.
- Dr Hoidal is the best! I highly recommend him.Donna Moore
- I found everyone in Dr. Hoidal's office to be both friendly and professional. They explain things thoroughly and are all good listeners.Anonymous
- The entire staff were very friendly and Dr Hoidal was also just as nice. He has great bedside manner, easy to talk to and explained everything in detail. I...Katina A.
- I had a very positive experience here at dr Hoidal's office. Patient care is a premium. My procedure was a soft graft and I'm having excellent results. This...Dennis H.
- I was also impressed with his staff, from the front desk, the scheduler, the dental assistants. They too know what to do and how to do.Eric Schmidt
- Great Rx for my issues. Office people helpful and pleasant. Office location gives nice ambience. Dr.Hoidal treated my issue with apparent cure for long...Peter Kiessling
- They were friendly and professional with excellent care. They made a scary event so much better. Being born in the 40's dentist have not been my favorite people but you guys have changed my mind. Thank you.Diana Bergstrom
- I felt confident that my care was being provided by the best possible team. My gum graft went well and so did my recuperation time.Pat in Portland, OR –
- Dr. Hoidal is pleasant to his patients. He will do the best he can for his patients as needed. Hoidal.Paula Rubio